Three areas of strength help QODA consistently deliver the best results for clients: a good knowledge of technology, a design-led creative approach and a clear understanding of sustainability.
Our projects often involve the design of high technology systems. Whether it is working with cutting-edge audio visual technologies, sensitive environmental constraints or critical power and air conditioning systems, we always strive to find simple and intuitive solutions to the trickiest of problems.Read More
We are well aware of the visual impact of our work and the responsibility that places on us to develop creative design solutions which support the highest standards of architecture. Our free-thinking team is encouraged to look beyond the obvious solution and search for a better one, even if the obvious route ends up being best.Read More
Aware that sustainability will continue to grow in importance, we keep ourselves well ahead of the game. To achieve the optimum carbon reduction and low energy design, we employ the latest modelling techniques. Our team includes accredited Low Carbon Consultants and Low Carbon Energy Assessors, highlighting our commitment in this vital area.Read More
Birmingham REP Theatre
Birmingham Repertory Theatre (The REP) is developing it’s front of house facilities and façade to provide a new entrance, reconfigured bar, café, restaurant, box office, and performance spaces. In addition to the adaptation of heating, ventilation and cooling systems to suit the new layout, the design will include new lighting, small power, adaptations of fire systems including detection, sprinklers, suppression systems and alarms, new lighting, power, water and data provision will be provided to the proposed external terrace and balconies, including for the proposed digital screens. The scheme will be constructed in sequential phases as the theatre is to remain open throughout the works. QODA will be working closely with the design team and Project Sponsor to ensure continuity of building services. Project value £2.3M.
Our key services provided as standard
- All the upfront work - development appraisals, conceptual design, infrastructure and masterplanning, surveys and investigations.
- Energy assessments, building analysis, renewable energy, fabric studies, overheating and daylight modelling - sustainability is at our heart.
- Sketch schemes, feasibility studies, load assessments, plant space allocation, initial service routes and risers - solve the big issues at the earliest opportunity.
- We all love design - performance specifications, detailed drawings, schematics and of course BIM. The devil is in the detail!
- Procurement, construction, supervision, attention to detail, commissioning and completion - ensuring the clients brief, and our ideas, are realised.
- And that’s not the end - post occupancy evaluation, seasonal commissioning and Soft Landings. We value any feedback and continue to learn.