Three areas of strength help QODA consistently deliver the best results for clients: a good knowledge of technology, a design-led creative approach and a clear understanding of sustainability.
Our projects often involve the design of high technology systems. Whether it is working with cutting-edge audio visual technologies, sensitive environmental constraints or critical power and air conditioning systems, we always strive to find simple and intuitive solutions to the trickiest of problems.Read More
We are well aware of the visual impact of our work and the responsibility that places on us to develop creative design solutions which support the highest standards of architecture. Our free-thinking team is encouraged to look beyond the obvious solution and search for a better one, even if the obvious route ends up being best.Read More
Aware that sustainability will continue to grow in importance, we keep ourselves well ahead of the game. To achieve the optimum carbon reduction and low energy design, we employ the latest modelling techniques. Our team includes accredited Low Carbon Consultants and Low Carbon Energy Assessors, highlighting our commitment in this vital area.Read More
Bosworth House is a new Head Quarters building for Stepnell Ltd based in Rugby. The building is designed to maximise collaboration and integration whilst maintaining flexibility where required. One of the key design drivers is the atrium which is designed to act as a buffer for the office plates. This drives natural ventilation through stack effect enhancing natural air movement. A mixed mode solution has been adopted to ensure users have flexibility to open windows but good air quality can be maintained. Night cooling and exposed thermal mass can also reduce cooling loads significantly.
Our key services provided as standard
- All the upfront work - development appraisals, conceptual design, infrastructure and masterplanning, surveys and investigations.
- Energy assessments, building analysis, renewable energy, fabric studies, overheating and daylight modelling - sustainability is at our heart.
- Sketch schemes, feasibility studies, load assessments, plant space allocation, initial service routes and risers - solve the big issues at the earliest opportunity.
- We all love design - performance specifications, detailed drawings, schematics and of course BIM. The devil is in the detail!
- Procurement, construction, supervision, attention to detail, commissioning and completion - ensuring the clients brief, and our ideas, are realised.
- And that’s not the end - post occupancy evaluation, seasonal commissioning and Soft Landings. We value any feedback and continue to learn.